Friday, March 29, 2013

One a Penny, Two a Penny

A lovely Easter Thursday squirreling away in the kitchen… Moussaka for dinner and homemade hotcross buns with custard for pudding! I managed to leave the dried fruit in the scales rather than kneading them into the dough… (DOH! being the operative word) but they were yummy nonetheless…

The recipe is from a very functional cookbook that I looked on with boredom and a bit of ‘meh’ when I was first given it three years ago. However, it’s a godsend: very straightforward and choc-full of every standard baking recipe you need to lay your hands on – the cake equivalent of the Good Housekeeping Cookbook…

As Paola has been complaining that she’s struggling to find a decent hot cross bun recipe stateside, I promised I’d share it with you – and lo and behold – the ‘look inside’ functionality at Amazon allows you to see the whole recipe in its entirety – simply search for Hot Cross Buns and it’s all there on p366…! Happy Easter and let me know how your baking goes!

No comments: