Saturday, November 26, 2011

In which I am become a grown-up

(PS – DEAR READER, IF ANY OF YOU KNOW THE BOY PERSONALLY – FEEL FREE TO DRAW HIS ATTENTION TO THIS POST FOR PRESENT-GIVING PURPOSES…)  :-)

I have recently found myself lusting on a daily basis at the window of the local branch of Jigsaw… I’ve always known they design elegant and wearable clothes with a touch of the quirk about them, but I’ve never really included them on my radar… until now.

It first happened about a month ago with their pretty, chunky jumpers, bedecked with giant balls of wool, calling out to me like a siren from the deep…

image image

Rustic Wool Cable Front Jumper £115

Plum Shimmer Sparkle Cardigan £109

Once again, my annual knitwear-with-sparkle obsession rears its sequinned, woolly head, only this time my taste has become even more dear. Woops.

 

image image

Beaded Shoulder Top £89

Sequinned Jersey Batwing Top £149

And then just a sea of gorgeously interesting black garments, woefully unsuited to crawling around on church hall floors and therefore wholly impractical for me at the moment. Sob.

image image

Silk Midi Skirt £149

Silk Butterfly Sleeve Dress £169

And then just pretty and I’m-sure-ever-so-useful-really-no-honestly-it-would-come-out-of-the-bottom-of-the-wardrobe-on-a-weekly-nay-daily-basis-really-please-please-please….

image

Paisley Jacquard Clutch Bag on sale to £65

And then this… So practical. So wearable. So reasonably priced. So needed in my wardrobe.

imageimage

Ruched Skirt Dress with Slouchy Top £79

Needed?? Ahem… BUT THINK HOW MANY WEARS I WOULD GET OUT OF IT.

No comments: