Saturday, November 13, 2010

Poppies

Lisa Armstrong of the Times this week asked if anyone had a surefire way to guarantee that Remembrance poppies are held on solely with the help of the little pin that is offered. I managed to mangle mine a mere hour after purchase this year and it ended up consigned (as all things in my life, currently, are wont to) to the bottom of my diaper bag.

I personally can’t decide if the more sparkly brooch options for sale are somewhat… gaudy??? Inappropriate…? Or am I missing the point? That is, whatever it takes to get support and raise funds: if that requires a bit of diamante then so be it…?

I do rather like this idea, though…

And so have made myself this to wear this Sunday. And I will continue to donate my £1 this year and in the years to come, safe in the knowledge that my poppy will remain safely attached to my jacket.

P1050648

Anyone else going to join me? A day late and a dollar short, I know, but in time for Remembrance Sunday if not for the 11th itself.

No comments: