Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Knit Wit…

Present spoilers – all SIBLINGS – LOOK AWAY NOW!!!

 

 

Are you gone???

 


That means you, Cate!!!!!

Another blog post about speedy craft projects has been put on hold as the subjects were overlapping, but with that thought process in mind, this first project (COMPLETED before the end of October – how much do you hate me??) has been a blinding success…

P1050550My lil bro wanted an oversized beanie and, with a chunky wool to hand, a variation on this little number took me all of four days to finish. Speedy, specific and stylish.

Needless to say, it will look much better on him. 

 

I’m delighted to see these gorgeous socks added to the store of patterns available on the Goodhousekeeping/CountryLiving/Prima website… They’re knitted flat and then seamed, so qualify as my ‘I’m scared of socks so will be easing into them gently’ pattern… If they don’t turn out a complete disaster, lil sis will be getting a pair in scrummy Cashmerino… She’s got some purple patent brogues that would just be splendid with pink lacy socks…Watch this space for updates… but don’t hold your breath…

 

Finally though, in a bid of madness, how fabulous is this project??? And by fabulous, I mean, of course, completely sodding bonkers.

From ‘Simple Knits with a Twist’ by Erica Knight… Loon.

No comments: