Sunday, October 17, 2010

International Swaparama

Ravelry swaps are now a bit of an addiction…

From Trash To Treasures was a swap that had no budget at all… The intention was to spend as little money as possible for your project – the focus was on recycling, re-using and re-purposing!

From Australia I received the most stunningly impressive parcel of goodies…

  • Six skeins of handspun Australian purple wool
  • A beautiful cable/textured/beaded/charmed Christmas stocking made of rescued wool from an ex-sweater
  • Mini pincushion, mini needlecase
  • Knitting needle bangles
  • CANDY…

P1050522 P1050520 P1050521

And the BEST BIT:

  • Handmade socks TO MY VERY OWN MEASUREMENTS!!!
  • What a lucky girl!

 

 

In the other swap, entitled Shiny Pennies, you had to spend a limit of $10, send yarn, a pressie that would be considered a shiny penny (ie a happy thought!) and a little note…

P1050519

I was sent all the way from New Mexico…

  • Beautiful hot pink sock yarn
  • Lavender soap
  • Handmade necklace
  • Handmade stitch markers
  • Tootsie Rolls (specially requested American Candy tee hee!)
  • An original page of sheet music to be my shiny penny – I’ll be making it into these shortly…

Aren’t I a lucky girl??

And I have now caught the swap bug… watch this space for as many post-Christmas sign ups as I can manage…

No comments: