Monday, September 27, 2010

Classic Evening Dress ideas…

I’ve got a fabulous invitation to a fabulous event this weekend coming… It’s a wedding celebration party following the gorgeously mini-registry office ‘do’ this weekend just gone.

My grand plans for outfits have slightly stumbled at the first hurdle when it transpired that my lovely go-to cotton print evening frock is a '*little* snug around the middriff…

I’ve got a scrumptious long red dress which I am considering… and then a little spark of  memory recalled a frock.

A long, elegant, comfortable, modest-of-shoulder and -decollatage gown that, in a luxurious but understated fabric (I’m thinking a heavy, black silk crepe) would be the go-to-gown for those tricky upmarket but semi-relaxed events as well as a maxi-dress for day-to-evening parties… Also – it being a full-length gown means flat sandals. And I am ALWAYS pro that…

The closest two patterns are this one for jerseys

And this one for non-stretch fabrics

The only question now is… how can I get hold of a New Look pattern at short notice…

And do I have enough time before Saturday evening to run it up???

Or will this one do the trick if I gather the fabric instead of stitch the darts under the bust and add a tie-on sash over the top??

Edited to add: GADZOOKS – Newlook 6001 is not yet available in this country. I want to cry. And I shall wear the red dress this weekend. And it will be glorious.

No comments: