Saturday, June 19, 2010

I Love Lucy

I have long been a drooler of all things Attic24 and have enjoyed Lucy’s terrifyingly upbeat posts for the last year or so.

The moment when she revealed she was pregnant with her third little person, and all the trepidation and excitement that went with it, touched me deeply and confirmed that she was a blogger to be devoured as daily as the posts allow.

P1040425

Gratuitous picture of recently finished crocheted heart garland from this tutorial

The fact that she manages to maintain such a creative output (not to mention the gorgeously meandering posts on their outdoorsy and indoorsy activities) is something I can only aspire to. Like many others, though, her tutorials and beautiful eye for colour have dragged me back to my crochet hook after a period of rest and I have joined the masses of Attic24 copycatters/flatterers…

P1040422

The Granny Stripes project was too addictive to avoid, not least of all as I had PayPal credit and the cost of the rainbow of *cough* acrylic yarn was going to be beyond negligible.

So, here goes…

P1040419

My progress so far…

 P1040421

Addictive… yes…

Speedy… yes…

Expected time to complete the double-bed sized throw…?

Oh… December 2041…

But, my, will it be satisfying to do…

No comments: