Thursday, February 07, 2008

Credentials

This is slightly off-piste, but Michelle has been impressed in the comments that I am brave enough to make my dress (or at least have it made for me by my mum). While I love a bit of stitching for myself, I am of the 'botch it to get it done in time to go out in' school of seamstress.

My fair mum, on the other hand, has couture dressmaking flowing in her veins. To show you how I have not a worry in the world, herewith some demostrations of talent...

For my brother's wedding she made the baby bridesmaids and pageboy waistcoats...

Her own outfit and my sister in jade (I made my gold number but the fit was never quite right - the day in July was about 36 degrees too which didn't help!)

The bows at the back of the girls was my favourite touch of the whole day...

My cousin's wedding dress the following January (left) was silk satin with an internal corset and a lace bodice that was only revealed after the fur wrap was removed.

My dress is going to gorgeous, and fit me, and be made by my mum.

I can't wait!

I'll give you a hint: it's from the Vintage Pronovias collection...

No comments: